Fix common printer problems and get back in its full working condition.
A printer is one of the most useful devices whether you’re a student, a professional, or a technician. Printers are very reliable for various day-to-day purposes. Thus, we should be responsible for taking care of it. We sometimes panic when we see our printers having these common problems. These problems delay our computer tasks and therefore, technical assistance will come in handy. However, with less knowledge, we tend to spend some bucks for a very simple fix. Hence, to save a penny, we need to try to fix these common printer problems on our own. Perform these Do-It-Yourself (DIY) hacks on your printing devices before bringing them to the service center.
Let’s Get It On!
#1 NO POWER
Your printer doesn’t power on?
1. Check your power plug. You might have forgotten to plug your printer.
2. Inspect your power plug for tear wires or burnt contacts. Try to change your power plug.
3. Check your power supply if there is enough supply voltage. Use a multimeter.
4. Check your logic board for burnt parts. Replace parts or the whole logic board.
#2 SERVICE REQUIRED/WASTE INK PAD IS FULL
1. Check this blog post for more information.
#3 PAPER JAM
1. Check for torn pieces of paper or any objects that jams your printing.
2. Clean encoder strip. Wipe it with a clean tissue. Do not use alcohol because it erases the information encoded in the strip.
3. Clean the encoder disc.
#4 LOW INK LEVEL
1. Refill your ink tank with correct or compatible inks.
2. Reset ink level from the settings.
#5 PAPER FEEDING PROBLEM
1. If your printer feeds many papers, check the spring of the feeder roller below.
2. Check the paper feeder sensor.
#6 FADED OR WITH HORIZONTAL/VERTICAL LINES
1. Perform deep head cleaning.
2. Perform ink flushing once.
3. The printhead could have scratches, replace it.
1. Clean the area where the smudge comes from.
2. Clean the printhead for smudges or ink leakage.
#8 PRINTER NOT DETECTED
1. Reinstall the correct driver. Check your operating system’s property before downloading the driver.
2. Replace the USB cable.
For video tutorials on how to fix these common problems, check here.
For questions and suggestions, please feel free to leave a message below.